1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know how many people drop out of this business? I started to see some posts of people selling equipment, etc..just wondering what the facts are....health, no money etc...or just got tired of it...wasn't sure if someone tracked it...
  2. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

Fuel Prices.
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Moved and decided not to start back up.....
  4. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 LawnSite Member

Went to look at a lawn mower last year a guy was selling.I asked him the usual questions about mower then asked him why he got out of the business.His response I was sick of the complaints and I found and easier more profitable way to make money he bought real estate.He said he is doing well.
  5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

The LCO that sold me his open trailer got a job offer, didn't know he was looking...he gave me three accounts, have only closed one. Waiting on the other two to return my calls. This guy had 2 Toro 21"/ he paid $500.00 a piece for them, $225.00 each, Echo trimmers/$175.00/ Stihl blower/$150.00/Hedge trimmer Echo/$150.00////trailer $1400.00///all his stuff was 4 months old. Nothing is growing here, drought, customers are calling and telling me to wait. My good customers of course water their lawns, others wait for the rain. I am looking for a part time job, so it does not effect my customers...but it getting to be a PITA...I like the real estate stuff, might advertise handyman services, alot of seniors here need help with house stuff...not sure, really don't want to work for the "man" anymore, the freedom is worth its weight in gold!! Sorry had to vent!! :)
  6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I left FLA to work for Trugreen Landcare. it lasted 3 years, once my obligation was up I was out. I'm now working 40 hours a week. ok maybe 50 once in a while. I'm not making as much money(my $'s per hour is higher), but my quality of life is better, and the time I get to spend with my family now is worth it. I am still in the landscape business, as i enjoy the work.....Even though I am "working for the man" I am in charge of my Department and 20 guys answer to me...