Outdoor Kitchen

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by bigviclbi, Oct 8, 2007.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Question on an outdoor kitchen. I've never done one before and I am putting together a quote on one. I really can't find specs on them, I'm planning on using wall block(i'd rather go with masonry block and cultured stone but its not happening) and trying to figure out how to bridge the gap needed for a fridge. if i use a lentil will I just leave a space and "veneer" the front of it with a block that i split? Any pics of construction pics in progress would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. bigviclbi

from nj

I actually have seen some pics on here where they just left a gap between the top of the fridge and the counter top. Guess that would be the easiest way to go.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we use brick lintels and grind out the next block so it sits flush with the block under it.

you have to do the same thing for the access doors.

I would seriously consider using labor savers from john deer landscapes ( an olp product). they are awesome

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We would use a lentil and cut off the face of a block and adhere it to the lentil itself.

Chris

5. bigviclbi

from nj

Thanks for the help guys, what is the john deere product some sort of metal frame? I also wonder if any guys have used a wooden frame and then used durorock and a tiled natural slate. I really need to get one under my belt because these things are becoming very commonplace around here. I also want to do a fire place kit from firerock, but first things first. Anymore input would be great I truly appreciate all the great information that is shared on this site.

6. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

we usually just leave the top open and put the counter on top. most under counter fridges and appliances are built to be at or near counter height and most are adjustable so the gaps don't look stupid. this pic is actually before we raised the fridge and put a strip of cultured stone across the bottom.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=191534

7. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Cedar, off topic but how to you turn on the natgas/propane to that DCS?

8. bigviclbi

from nj

Where do you guys buy your stainlees steel doors at? I'm planning on putting an access door under the grill for the shutoffs, under the sink for the shutoffs. The refrigerator, grill and sink should be easy to get a hold of.

9. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

big vic- DCS, marvel, viking, any outdoor kitchen manufacturer sells access doors.
    cap- the natgas runs constant to the BBQ. there is a shut off valve in the basement for the end of the season.