Outdoor Kitchens

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by earthly, Jan 22, 2011.

1. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Can I please see some pictures of outdoor kitchens?

I just like looking at the great pictures

Thanks!

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps do what our clients do before they call us - an internet search.

They call us. I go meet them. Go inside and on their dining room table they have a pile of pics they printed off the net.

Google - Outdoor Kitchens.

Hope this helps.

3. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Thank you Mr. DVS, I will try that today. I get landscape design magizines and they have lots of pictures in them.

I think to start off we will be installing outdoor living kits our supplier sells.
    www.rockwoodwalls.com

They have many diffrent options and match the lakeland block that we use alot for projects.

This year I am thinking about doing a custom postcard 5.5 x 8.5" to homeowners around here with a home value of $500,000 plus and mailing a diffrent one 3 times to each house. Middle of February, early March and late March.

Have you had any luck with this Mr. DVS or somthing similar:confused:

4. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Also for 2011 we are going to market outdoor living areas a lot more, we are doing a trade show in 3 weeks and will have a small bar, fireplace with wood box, a patio with some new pavers that just came out and some other really nice things.

5. DVS Hardscaper

I have found that going to church on Sundays helps make sales. When I'm greeting the congregation at the door and handing out the chruch bulletin, I just slip in my glossy 4-color brochures.

Welp, off to work. Have 2 more hrs of hammering of concrete before we start backfilling tomorrow.

6. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Oh yea, thats a great idea. One more thing you might try is going to walmart and putting your brochure on peoples car windows, people there have lots of coin to spend on landscaping.

7. DVS Hardscaper

I also like to hand out my cards while I get my toes painted. You never who you can meet at the nail salon....

Posted via Mobile Device

8. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Not a fan of those Rockwood pre-built things. You are better off building them yourself.

9. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Whats not to like about them? Did you have any problems with them?

10. MexicanAmerican1

MexicanAmerican1 LawnSite Member

Earthy, I tink dey look bery nice.