Outdoor Kitchens

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by earthly, Jan 22, 2011.

1. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

In my opinion, I think they look pretty tacky. We put up the kitchen one, quite a few missing pieces.

2. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

so That is what you have for dislikes. (Tacky)
    What pieces were missing. Just the some veneer rocks. The kit is very strait and fast. Did you do a belgard kitchen yet That is the cat meow but lots of prep and heavy heavy heavy.

3. iowa

from NW IA

Tacky, yes. Myself and our clients both would much rather have a custom built kitchen rather than this 'cookie cutter' kit. The one we put in had quite a few missing blocks / veneer rocks. There is obviously a price point for these, yes. But not for the clients we work with.

4. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

They aren't prebuilt, they are kits.

Why would you build one yourself instead of using something prebuilt, anyway, Id love to have a prebuilt unit.

5. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe to differentiate yourself from the competition?

6. iowa

from NW IA

It's good to see someone understands the concept. Chances are, if you are installing an outdoor kitchen, there is going to be a patio, set of steps, maybe a walkway to the front, and a softscape install, at least that's typical for us. If they are spending that much money, why would you build something sub-par compared to building a unit out of CMU, veneering with stone, etc. The grill they include with some of the kits are pretty cheap too. That's just my opinion. We are all in different areas and markets and you should sell what you think best fits your company.

7. joes169

joes169 LawnSite Member
    from WI

Because that's skill-set so many landscapers don't possess.......

8. jamo1911

jamo1911 LawnSite Member

Check out my article on outdoor kitchens here.

9. jamo1911

jamo1911 LawnSite Member

oops posted twice. please delete