Outdoor Lighting - Mid Year 2009

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Jul 9, 2009.

?

How are your sales of LV Outdoor Lighting Systems this year over last?

1. Sales are on par with 2008 YTD

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Sales are down from 2008 YTD

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Sales are up from 2008 YTD

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup thats how its going here too Dave. Less actual clients and we have not advertised but the overall number of fixtures is a tad higher. Missed a 500+ fixture job that has been delayed due to the new construction market. Still got the job its just on hold.

2. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Billy come up and shoot seals with me while you wait for that job.

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

A 500+ job. That would scare the crap out of me. But it sounds interesting.

4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Billy kicks ass. But what he's not telling us is that he's lighting up a trailer park with chile string lights.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Now I dont care who you are... That there was funny! :laugh::laugh:

6. Mark B

Billy what did you do to everyone?? That is 2 cracks on you in 2 days. Now string lights is different story. That is a good one.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Why on earth would 500 lights scare you ? Same principals. Its a series of smaller systems that when combined make a large project. Sure it takes a bit more planning for the power sources but its still the same ideas.

With 14 transformers it is like doing 14 mid sized jobs all at once (well over 3 months)

8. Mark B

I understand all that. As far as pricing, sleeving, etc..and all the work that goes into pricing a system that size would be scary to me.

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Chile lights...that's pretty funny!! I would love a job that size. I have not even had a shot at a client with enough property to even entertain a job that size though. Pretty much everything I have gotten lands in the 10-30 fixture range. I am trying to get associated with that kind of clientele in my area but just hasn't happened yet. Good luck on that one Billy, I hope it comes through for you.

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Sleepy I figured you'd be one of those dudes that have a ain't skered shirt.
    Posted via Mobile Device