Outdoor Lighting & Your Business

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Oct 6, 2008.

?

Outdoor Lighting Systems - Your Business Involvement

  1. I operate a "Stand Alone" Lighting Company

    7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. I operate a Multifaceted operation in the "Green Industry"

    11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Lighting Comprises 0% to 33% of my total sales

    7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Lighting Comprises 34% to 66% of my total sales

    2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Lighting Comprises 67% to 100% of my total sales

    5 vote(s)
    22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

    INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,102

    How many of you operate "Stand Alone" Lighting businesses vs. how many are involved in other "Green Industry" services.

    Then for those of you who operate multi-faceted businesses, what proportion of your total sales (revenue) does outdoor lighting involve? (If you answerded that you DO operate a Stand Alone Lighting Business, then there is NO NEED to answer the second part as obviously 100% of your sales would be from lighting.)

    Have a great day!
     
  2. Chris J

    Chris J LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,829

    20% of my business is lighting. The other 90% is the gigolo service that I provide. Business has been real slow since I started this service.
     
  3. David Gretzmier

    David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,645

    Chris- You either give 110% to your work or you have some dual base clients- good job cross selling !

    I included Christmas Lights as lighting, So I hope I am in the right category.
     
  4. Mike M

    Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa
    Posts: 1,941

    I was gonna dump all landscape service accounts this past year, glad as heck I didn't.

    If things get much worse and the economy leads us into depression and my kids are starving, I may be teaching, too. Unless, I get lucky and find a job digging graves or something.
     
  5. TXNSLighting

    TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX
    Posts: 6,462

    Its 100% for now, but the way this economy is going i may be looking for something else. Stocks fell 800 points today. I usually dont feed into this crap, but this has actually grabbed my attention.
     
  6. The Lighting Geek

    The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 875

    I also replace pool equipment and pool controllers, but most of my work is lighting. It fits nicely together since I am already there for the lighting aspect. I have been through training for Pentair and do as much pool equipment as a average size pool company.
     
  7. EOL

    EOL LawnSite Member
    Posts: 62

    100% lighting.
     
  8. Litewerks Expert Lighting

    Litewerks Expert Lighting LawnSite Member
    Posts: 32

    100% lighting for me too.
     
  9. klkanders

    klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest
    Posts: 848

    Hmmm
    70% Landscaping
    30% Lighting

    I'm not as good as Johnson is....I can only give 100% :)
     
  10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

    INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,102

    These Lawnsite polls are the pitts.... I have a degree in economic geography (demographic marketing) and I cannot decipher how the "results" of the polls can be accurate based on response rates! I guess like most things these days you have to K.I.S.S. and only allow two possible responses to get an accurate reflection of participants.

    If 6 people are stand alone and 8 people are multi-service then the total response pool is 14. But 6 is not 33.33% of 14, it is 42.86%! Similarly 8 out of 14 is not 44.44% it is 57.14%! Finally 33.33% + 44.44% = 77.77% so where the heck are the other 22.23% of respondents???

    Is this poll being run by the Diebold corporation or something?:laugh::laugh:
     

Share This Page