Outdoor Lighting & Your Business

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Oct 6, 2008.

?

Outdoor Lighting Systems - Your Business Involvement

1. I operate a "Stand Alone" Lighting Company

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. I operate a Multifaceted operation in the "Green Industry"

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Lighting Comprises 0% to 33% of my total sales

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Lighting Comprises 34% to 66% of my total sales

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Lighting Comprises 67% to 100% of my total sales

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

How many of you operate "Stand Alone" Lighting businesses vs. how many are involved in other "Green Industry" services.

Then for those of you who operate multi-faceted businesses, what proportion of your total sales (revenue) does outdoor lighting involve? (If you answerded that you DO operate a Stand Alone Lighting Business, then there is NO NEED to answer the second part as obviously 100% of your sales would be from lighting.)

Have a great day!

2. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

20% of my business is lighting. The other 90% is the gigolo service that I provide. Business has been real slow since I started this service.

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Chris- You either give 110% to your work or you have some dual base clients- good job cross selling !

I included Christmas Lights as lighting, So I hope I am in the right category.

4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I was gonna dump all landscape service accounts this past year, glad as heck I didn't.

If things get much worse and the economy leads us into depression and my kids are starving, I may be teaching, too. Unless, I get lucky and find a job digging graves or something.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Its 100% for now, but the way this economy is going i may be looking for something else. Stocks fell 800 points today. I usually dont feed into this crap, but this has actually grabbed my attention.

6. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I also replace pool equipment and pool controllers, but most of my work is lighting. It fits nicely together since I am already there for the lighting aspect. I have been through training for Pentair and do as much pool equipment as a average size pool company.

7. EOL

EOL LawnSite Member

100% lighting.

8. Litewerks Expert Lighting

Litewerks Expert Lighting LawnSite Member

100% lighting for me too.

9. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hmmm
    70% Landscaping
    30% Lighting

I'm not as good as Johnson is....I can only give 100% :)

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

These Lawnsite polls are the pitts.... I have a degree in economic geography (demographic marketing) and I cannot decipher how the "results" of the polls can be accurate based on response rates! I guess like most things these days you have to K.I.S.S. and only allow two possible responses to get an accurate reflection of participants.

If 6 people are stand alone and 8 people are multi-service then the total response pool is 14. But 6 is not 33.33% of 14, it is 42.86%! Similarly 8 out of 14 is not 44.44% it is 57.14%! Finally 33.33% + 44.44% = 77.77% so where the heck are the other 22.23% of respondents???

Is this poll being run by the Diebold corporation or something?:laugh::laugh: