Outdoor Wall Art Sculpture/Friezes

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreenQueen, Jan 24, 2011.

1. GreenQueen

GreenQueen LawnSite Member

I have no idea which category to use for this post, but I picked the only one that said anything about architecture & design. I have a client who wants a metal wall sculpture mounted on her stone wall. I have not been able to find anything that works. Anyone have a good supplier for outdoor wall art? It will have to be a very large piece.

Thanks - and go ahead with the ribbing, I'm expecting it! :)

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I don't imagine the piece your client is looking for is an off the shelf china reproduction sold all over the place. If they are look at a place like Hobby Lobby" they have some inexpensive big pieces.

More likely you will need to find a regional artist at a gallery that features their work. I would just start Googling metal art, garden pieces, etc. You should also pick a style S/W, contemporary, Indian etc.

You can also look at magazines like Phoenix Home & Garden, Southern Living, Veranda just to name a few. They have a "resources" section in the back of the magazine that lists where all the pieces, furniture, pictures, you name it came from in the various articles.

3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

You're pretty close to Austin, right? There are a ton of art galleries there, as well as a really cool garden center (can't recall the name) that I'm sure could help you out. How big of a piece are you looking for?

4. GreenQueen

GreenQueen LawnSite Member

AZ Gardener - Thank you! I hadn't thought of the resources section of my magazines. Finally have a reason to use those!

PaperCutter - I've put out some feelers in the local art community & have gotten some response back. As far as size - it needs to be large. Will be adorning the space above her hedges/under a decorative window that's 84" up from the ground.

Thank you both for responding!