Outdoors-Unlimited picture thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Outdoors_Unlimited, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

I am the same way as your friend. 150k you just got the bugs worked out.

I have a drivetrain on the shelf, ready to be built (bullet proof backyard stuff) when the.need arises. Until then, the.rusty doors and scratches are only character.

My mechanical skills allow me to run older equipment, and a backup is cheaper than a repo ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice work. But I must say image is everything....your work is of course so should the equipment. Nothing wrong with being paid for or a lot of miles but image....it's your company to portray

3. Outdoors_Unlimited

I understand image does play a role. What I am saying is, its not everything.

I have acquired most of my high end jobs, in the same neighborhood/circle of friends. When I first started my truck was about equal to the one I have now. Then I took a step backwards as I was being Mr. Mom more than I was working the business. Now I'm back into a decent truck, and it may not be the nicest, I still pass a stack of cards out every time I'm working at the new estate ;)

If I clean up our "image" I will grow faster than my cash growth allows, and I would end up slipping on the job quality "image".

100k mowing rigs make the same kind of money my $20k mowing rig does ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Outdoors_Unlimited

Pool deck at one of our estates. Another site I've got a million pictures of, look at my Facebook.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Outdoors_Unlimited

Who says mow lines have to be straight.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Outdoors_Unlimited

Some tree work in company shirts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Outdoors_Unlimited

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of sulky is that sticking out on the rear of the trailer??? How did you go about getting that overgrown turf in order and looking good with the WBs?? Cutting it multiple times or a ton of side bagging???
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Outdoors_Unlimited

I only use walk behinds, and charge extra for it when it presents itself. Small lawns I'm faster than the riders, and it looks 10 times better.

The sulky is a ProOne. I absolutely love it.

That lawn was month old sod when I cut it the first time. I pulled my deck as high as I could, and cut it twice. Third time one notch down, bathing certain areas, blowing the rest into the woods.

I then dropped the deck one more notch, and bagged the entire lawn. The second cut I tried going at 4" but the sod is way to uneven, so I'm back all the way up to prevent scalps.

The client didn't like the curvy lines, were back to straight lines only. That is only the second times I've ever heard a CLIENT mention lines in 20 years. The other man loves when I follow the lake contour, and requests me to cut only that line. (4 yards connected together, following the lake........OKKKKKKKK, no problem ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

This thread is great check out ours!