1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Outer space view of one of my monster houses

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Midlo Snow Maker, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

Just finished the sto on this system. i have been taking care of it for about 12 years, the system itself is about 20 years old and is pretty reliable. it has around 400 heads.The rotor zones avg 17 heads. changed 30 at this years sto. 1 mist head zone has 52 12" 570 mist heads and yes it pops up and sprays. The pump is a 5HP 75GPM that hangs from the dock and has to push the water straight up hill 100' elevation right off the get go to the level ground where the house is. 2 1/2" main line Toro 1 1/2" valves super 700 which are still being changed over to pgp's, clock is a rainbird esp. system only has 21 zones but with the large zones it kept it down.

here is the view from 1,000 feet and a few ground pics. the red area is the irrigation limits

after you walk all the heads you feel it:dizzy:

The red line is 1/2 of a mile of 1 1/2" main line that was pulled in one day for 2 zones at the front entranceway used #10 single strand wire the distance from the furthest zone to the pump is just under a mile

the purple area is a new development we are doing 1 mile of roadway 3 to 4 rows of heads and 2 submersible pumps and a 3" main

start of the driveway

halfway down

end of the trees on the driveway you can see in pic 1 on the drive still a hell of a way to the house

point where the main irrigation starts

The mega hill 100' top to bottom fully irrigated with alot of low head drainage

same hill looking down

and every now and then an ocean liner goes by leaving the Richmond, Va. port

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

They irrigate with salt water?

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see the pump setup.

We had one mega system that was an entire community sprawled over around 20 acres. 4" main, 100 GPM zones, I-25's...good times :)
  3. Great pics! You should contact that pigtail guy about getting set up with a remote on that property. :rolleyes: I'd take my mountain bike to work on that place.
  4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

fantastic pics....well done.
  5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Great pictures... and no boots in them. :)
  6. Midlo Snow Maker

you get 2 stars for paying attention, this is only about 5 miles east of the fall line. salty water really never flows back this far. I have caught crabs in RIC in the driest of stretches when there is not much fresh water flow but rare for it to make it this far back
  7. Midlo Snow Maker

remote has been in for along time we have 4 TRC remotes DON"T LEAVE HOME WITH OUT THEM!
  8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice tidy site Midlo..a lot like our smaller sites!:drinkup: :waving:
  9. Mad Estonian

Mad Estonian LawnSite Senior Member

Do they hire you to cover it all in snow seasonally?:)
    Great pics. That's a nice customer to have.
  10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm told that "pigtail guy" is currently riding a frieght train to the PNW.