Outfitting enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLM-1, Jul 24, 2011.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought an 8.5x24 flat front enclosed with 6" of extra height. Looking for ideas on getting it set up. I'm going to use my Gridiron racks for the trimmers, blowers and such, but that's about where my ideas stop.

I was thinking I needed some shelving, possibly a work bench and a nice clean, not ghetto rigged, way of hanging tools.

Any pics and ideas?

Trailer1.jpg

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

no offense but did someone buy you your equipment? I cant imagine doing lawncare and working a brand new Denali like that, why not make more money if you can with a work truck.

3. PLM-1

I do take offense to that. I work very hard for my money and I will spend it how I like. My last truck that I traded for this had over 330k miles on it and was an '04. I live in my truck and if that's where I choose to spend money, then so be it. I've owned this business for 11 years, I think I can make a decision on which truck to buy.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

It happens, so I thought Id ask. Glad your doing well. For the most part people that have enough money to buy a brand new diesel denali did not get to that point by doing things like buying a brand new diesel denali for lawn care just to scratch and dent it up. It looks like your towing a Ferrari, customers must hide their wallets when you roll up in that rig.

There was a kid on here once with a new F450 diesel and 20 some foot trailer he towed his 1 ZTR with. His mom was a doctor...

5. PLM-1

Well, my customers seem to love me. I have a 91% retention rate. About the only time I lose a client is because of death or moving. I mostly service high-end commercial and residential properties. They like to see clean, newer, non-leaking vehicles and equipment in their area. I get lots of comments on how professionally ran my company is as well as how clean and reliable I am. I don't do crap work and that costs money, they know it and are glad to pay.

That 07 2500HD you have there is probably nice as well. Do your clients think you're taking advantage of them because you have a nice truck? :hammerhead:

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

1. I am not aware of a diesel denali and
    2. Wheres your truck lettering?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice rig! I want an enclosed trailer so fricking bad! Im real tired of unloading every night... There are quite a few nice setups on here, just browse the picture forum.

How well are you guys doing with recovering from the tornado? Did any of your accounts get hit?

Back on topic, I would probably build a small workbench and shelves in the front, with maybe a tool box under the bench. If I recall right, it's GLS that has posted pics of their enclosed trailer set up that way. Also have the racks for trimmers near either the back door or the side door. Don't wanna have to crawl over things to get a weed eater out.

8. PLM-1

1. Look at the GMC website. New for '11
    2. Just got the trailer a couple of days ago. Haven't even used it yet.

9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow well good for you then!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PLM-1

Thanks for the response. I looked around a bit through the picture forum. Didn't really find much without investing hours of time lol I'll look him up specifically and see what I can find. I like your idea of the trimmer racks toward the back, didn't think about that.

We are by no means back to normal here. I only lost a couple of properties for the time being while they're being rebuilt. I lost some equipment during the storm but they were about to be traded off anyway, so no big loss. I just lost them unexpectedly and had to hurry to replace them. The most frustrating part is all the contractors here doing crappy work and then jumping ship. The city is trying to keep that to a minimum but our devastation is obviously on such a huge level it's hard to enforce each individual contractor.