outran a new lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Apr 19, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

today when i picked up my lazer from repair,there was a guy demoing a new one . So I RAN HIM ABOUT 30 YDS . i believe i had him beat.course i do have mine turned up a little.his was the new version of mine with i think a 20 kohler. mechanic there said the lazer hp was the fastest thing there ,he thought.that kinda surprised me.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Lazer HP or Lazer XP? is the fastest thing there? The HP's definately aren't the fastest Z that Exmark makes. They're all pretty close, and like you said, an RPM tweak will make any outrun the other.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

he was talking about the little ones . said they run like a scalded dog.never been on one myself.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Wanna run for $20? haha.:p

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

well 65 give me a couple o weeks. lets see now, where did i put dale jrs number. ill see if hes got an xstra motor layin around.:
    tight as two peas in a pod ,me an dale , jus like brothers.:D

6. fastrunner

fastrunner LawnSite Member

why does it matter to all of you how fast a Z mower goes??? Im sorry but if you are mowing a lawn any faster that 7-8 mph then it looks pretty crappy... My husqy goes 10 mph but never mow that fast. it a lawn mower for pete sakes.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

fastrunner, it doesn't make any difference if you can't use it. But my Lazer will run at full and cut perfectly. I can't run it that way on all properties, but I have a few that are wide open and I blast away at full power even running the mulch kit on it. Now, my encore that is a different story. I used it yesterday and now I remember why I put it to rest. It sucks. Only way to get a 1/2 way good cut is to run at no more than 1/2 speed.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

awm, I'll call my boy Mark Martin and have the spare motor waiting. :D

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

his was the new version of mine with i think a 20 kohler. mechanic there said the lazer hp was the fastest thing there ,he thought.that kinda surprised me.

I think awm has the 52 inch full size lazer and if the other person had the 52 inch lazer hp, it is lighter and i think it could be faster. Also keep in mind, the guy is demoing a new machine.
    It needs to be broke in,and he was running it that fast:eek:

Another reason that I would never even consider a demo unit, no matter what lower price they would offer!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

not his fault i goaded him into it. felt like old times.
    not the hp this was the new return to the 52 lazer that they recently
    came out with. like i said he didnt have his turned up like i do.
    not a big thang fellas ,just a little fun.not sure but i think this lazer had a 20 kohler.the mechanic was just talkin about the hp.
    oh well back to my motor change out. 20 dollars ,serious money :D .