Outsourcing payroll and billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KCLandscape, Dec 10, 2005.

1. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone do this, either to a person or a company. f you d what are the going rates?? If you dont why not?? I am thinking of doing thi next year with a local company (noy in another country!). Thanks for your help
    Nate

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

pay someone to do it. About 40 bucks per pay period (we only have one employee, biweekly payroll). they file ALL taxes.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We outsource payroll...runs like $30 a week or so. Best thing we ever did IMO.

4. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

I am going to hire at least 1 employee this season and have been looking into the payroll portion of things(as far as taxes and paper work.) From what I can tell, Quickbooks by Intuit will handle pretty much everything. With that and my CPA, I don't think it will be to much of a problem. If you are going to outsource it, what are your reasons. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Here's how much work I do for my outsourced payroll...

(1) Call company on Wednesday with employees previous two weeks hours. Indicate any bonuses, reimbursements, etc.

(2) Check arrives in my office Thursday.

(3) I enter check into quickbooks.

(4) Sign and hand check to employee.

It IS that simple. I get 1/4 statements. They file EVERYTHING for me. any mistakes in filing are on them, my only responsibility is providing them with the hours.

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I outsource my payroll with quickbooks. All I have to do is enter the timesheet, send it off to quickbooks, and they file all the taxes. I print out a paystubb and write the check myself. It costs me like $75 per month paying twice a month. Excellent value.

7. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Bump it up so everyone gets a chance...