over 4.5 iches of rain this month

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jul 31, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Wow this July the rain hasn't stopped. Grass is growing just as fast now as it was in the spring. Its hard to get out and mow it seems like everyday its raining. Yesterday I had no choice but to go out and mow in the rain got hit a few times while I was out with huge downpoors. Anyone else in the northeast having a hard time getting out to mow? I am not complaining b/c with out the rain I could be out of work.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Dude! You ARE LUCKY!! Only 4.5"?? Heck we got that much here in ONE DAY. We are at like 7.5" and are running behind by about 1/2 of what we normally get and I haven't missed a schedule cut yet and only got rained on at the end of the day twice. Shoot, 4.5" only ought to be daught conditions.:D

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

4.5 inches is about the monthly average in Kentucky and Tennessee. Thats only 54" a year.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

sure wish we could have some of that. Some of the lawns are burned up.:(

5. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We didn't mow Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning, or Friday afternoon.. Got out for four hours today and got dumped on again..

Now 4 days behind on the schedule.. I want to go on vacation but don't see it happening anytime soon, with all this rain..

We are around 8" for the month man, not 4.5"..

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Big town close to me reported 13.35 for the month of July (wettest July on record). Folks in southern Jersey got even more (around 20 inches or so in Burlington and Ocean County).

I aint complaining btw...cha-ching!!!

7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

yea i thought 4.5 was not a lot thats what one web site said but I know we got over 2 inches the other day thanks for the correction qualitylandscaping