1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Over filled the oil in my kawi!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KathysLGC, Mar 12, 2004.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know what i was thinking but while doing an oil change last night on my ferris I started adding oil as if it was a car. After the second qt I said holy$hit %*&#@. I was in a zone man just pouring away. I had to drain some oil out while keeping my eye on the dip stick. Thankfully 30weight oil is cheap.

Am I the only one that did this?
  2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have not overfilled my lawnmower, but I have overfilled my snow thrower. Its just good that you realizeed it when you did or you could have had a problem.
  3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't it always the simple things we over look. I took out the POS champion spark plug out also and put in NGK. Not sure why I put Champion in it in the first place.
  4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been in the zone myself and have done some unitelligent things. Heres one, was torching off one of the brackets for my wheelbarrow to replace part of it. Finally came off the metal was glowing red, took off my glove and grabbed it to throw it away. It was so hot it stuck to my hand and I had to shake it off. After that one I called it quits for the day before I ended up really doing some damage to myself.
  5. matth

matth LawnSite Member

well i was changing oil once and i forgot to put the drain plug back in but i did remember to take the pan out. so after i was done i thought
    "gee i didt spill that much?"
    so i realized what id did and i guess i accidentally flushed out the system one big messy mess on the driveway:angry: