Over Kill?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Saw these machines yesterday so I stopped by to check it out. laying a 15" PVC sewer 10' deep in the ground. do you really need a Pc1000 and a cat 375?!? Its all nice soft topsoil.

some pics

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

wow! no such thing as overkill!!
  3. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

Surely they must have other uses for those machines on that job than just that. The mobilization and operational costs would be a killer if that was all they were being charged off against...
  4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Those machines were not on another job near by ? so they are using them on this job.

It would be atleast 2000 dollars each to lowbed those machines then you have to strip them to move them.
  5. Craaaig

Craaaig LawnSite Member

Chris, I actually found out that the PARK near you is a direct affiliate of the one near me
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The only advantage of running a hoe that large for 10 foot depth is the rate of speed you can get pipe in the ground. I bet they can do 800 feet a day running a hoe of that size. I'm not sure, but I'd bet they're putting the pipe together above ground then slinging it in, in which case the main hoe can just bail like hell. No boxes or anyone in the ditch, you can haul ass laying pipe like that.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  7. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

I like the compaction wheel in the first pic, thats cool
  8. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Park is from New Ispwich, NH right? Right by me and I have never seen that equipment, but same logo for sure.
  9. Craaaig

Craaaig LawnSite Member

close, believe they are based in Fitzwilliam
  10. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

thats pretty cool, seems like this branch keeps the same equipment down here. They have a pc1250, pc1000, cat 375, cat 350, and many smaller machines.

here's a pic of their pc1250, man this things huge!