1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

over priced or good deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelostbubba, Feb 24, 2005.

1. thelostbubba

thelostbubba LawnSite Member

I called around for some pirces today. One dealer i called was selling an echo SRM-261T for 270 bucks. the second dealer i called was selling an exmark 2003 metro hp for 2875. the dealer claims the mower doesnt have any hours on it and says it was just an demo display. Good prices for the echo and exmark? The dealer also quoted me a price for a 2005 metro hp for 3499. so to me if its the same mower i think itll be worth buying the 03 over the 05. any suggestions or comments? what do u think i should do?
  2. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

The echo 261t sounds like a good deal but how old is it. The Metro HP doesn't sound like a bargain to me. First it's 2 model years old, unless you just run them till they are dead you may lose money on a trade or sale down the road. Your only saving $625 to begin with. I am sure there is more profit to the dealer than $625. I wouldn't buy that machine unless you can get it "out the door" for $2,500 or less.

3. TrueTrim1

TrueTrim1 LawnSite Member

As far as I know the Echo SRM 261t just came out this year. If it is brand new (and I am assuming it is ), then I would say that $270 is a decent deal. I just bought one a week ago and paid $289 plus tax which seems to be the going rate around here. I was a little leary about buying Echo because of problems people have had with them in the past.

Supposedly the 261t has a new gearbox that gives the cutting head more torque. I tried one out and liked it. Since I've taken the gaurd off, it has performed very well. I run the line long and it doesn't bog down at all. I'm a little nervous about how reliable it is going to be, but have no complaints abouts its performance(especially considering the price).
  4. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

to much for the mower i have one i will sell for$2400.00 plus tax