Over Rated Mwers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chief5139, Nov 1, 2004.

1. chief5139

chief5139 LawnSite Member

Ok now evreyone step back and take a breath cause i'm probly going to strike a nerve of someone. I was just wondering what evreyones opinion was on if there is some over rated mowers out there. First name that comes to mind for me is John Deere. Is it realy worth it? And I don't mean just Deere just wich ones do you think are over rated? anyways anxious to see what you thinks :blob3:

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Snapper is the first one to come to my mind.

3. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't want to mention any names because they are a sponsor to this site, but they are green and the name is 6 letters long. JMO

4. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I agree with you on John Deere. I live in town that is 6 miles away from one of their factories the makes mowers. Alot of the people that live here work at the factory. I'm the only LCO in the area that doesn't have a Deere. The lawns mowed with Deere are not striped and always have clumps of grass. Lets just say my Hustler puts them to shame.

5. chief5139

not to be rude but snapper residential equipment is right in line with the compitition. now snapper commercial equipment is priced under the competition. by quite a bit but everyone has there opinion

6. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

JD HD45, biggest piece of cr$# I've ever had. Homeowner quality stamped deck and hydro's have never worked well for me either. Switched to a couple of scags, now run nothing but Exmark.

7. orangejbird

orangejbird LawnSite Member

8. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I have limited experience with different brands but so far its JD that wins the POS award.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Scag...overated AND overpriced.

10. chief5139

another one and i probly going to be hit by lightning i think exmark is over priced and alot of my commercial guys who use them say that