1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Over-seed/Pre-M

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by NightWolf, Nov 20, 2003.

1. NightWolf

NightWolf LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I overseeded First of Oct. with Tall Fescue and was wondering when it is safe to put out some Pre-M to keep weeds crapgrass out next year. Also I have some patches of clover that are coming in from neighbors yard. Is there any thing to do with the new grass coming in.
    TIA

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

What is the host grass you overseeded?
    Depending upon the ident of the weeds, Drive is labeled for immediate use with new seedings. I would have to check the label for sure, but Lesco's 3-Way can be used by now.

3. Port City Lawncare

Port City Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

so if I put out the 0-62 today (friday) how soon can i place a pre-em? if i'm waay off here, will one of you explain the timing for me please?

4. NightWolf

NightWolf LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

it was a mixture of weeds (mostly crab grass which is dead now) and Tall fescue.

5. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Drive is labeled for immediate use. Momemtum can be used once the grass seedlings begin to emerge. Pendimethilin needs more time after seeding, depending upon on the turf variety it can be up to two months.
    These chemicals I am writing on are labelled for this use here in Texas. How they are labelled in Georgia, I don't know.