Over seeding and aerating price

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by bscill, Mar 5, 2007.

1. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

I have a customer wanting there yard aerated and then overseeded. How do you price this work please?

2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

What type of grass,how many acres.

3. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

fescue and bluegrass and about 4 acres

4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just my 2 cents, but I use my hrly rate on the aerating and seed price times 2

5. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I charge $15 or $20 per 1000 sq/ft for Aeration, depending on size, large yards are on the lower end. I do roughly 2 lbs of seed per 1000sq/ft for about $10 per 1000.

So a 10,000 sq/ft lawn would cost $200 to aerate, and $100 to seed.

6. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

Thanks guys.

7. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

For me anyways, I price aerating per yard, flat fee. No hourly BS. Every yard is different.
    I agree with the previous poster who said to price seeding the price of seed, then double it.
    It would also be wise to recommend liming to your customers at the same time. Spring or fall I always do. Seems like liming can be overlooked.
    I would be careful with Spring seeding though. There are a variety of reasons NOT to seed in the Spring. I believe I posted it somehwere in this forum. Others would tell you the same I'm sure.
    One more thing, as far as pricing aeration goes...normally if seeding will cost a total of $100, then aerating should be right around $175-$200.
    Good luck.

8. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

Thanks for all the help guys....

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

24.00/1000 sf

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

10-15 per thousand min 45. add 5 per major obstical. (lawn nomes, little islands, other crap) add 20 to flag sprinklers. I tripple seed prices. most of my aerations average at 50.