1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Over-seeding Bahia

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Down2EarthLawns, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

I wanted to get some opinions on a new customer that wants her back yard done. She origionally had St. Augustine in the back yard. The spraying company that she had for years did not service it well. It has died out in most parts, and weeded up in the others. She is interested in seeding the whole thing with bahia, since it is more drought resistant. The forecast around here has not had much rain at all so I know she will have to stay on her watering. What steps should we take to give her something to look at and for us to cut? Should I treat all of the weeds first? Time is running short as it is getting hot.
  2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Ric had some fantastic advice in another seeding thread. Just wait until June when we are getting rain daily and make sure to sow it properly!

It is just too dry right now to try and get anything to grow from seed and no rain is predicted for at least a week or more.