Over used name.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Turf Commando, May 11, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Push mower, weed whip and truck = Lawn care service
    To those who do this as career re- think name before it goes to print..
    Lawn service is a dying name to us who do this professionally.

Getting my truck lettered later this week and lawn service will not be listed ...

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I went with Lush Green Lawn for kind of the same reason. Everyone seems to have Johns Lawn Service, Jims Lawn Service, ect.

Kind of like the same taglines you keep seeing.

The Grass is Greener on our side (Or some variation)
    You Grow it, We Mow it (tacky anyway, but people use it)
    You've tried the rest, now try the best! (Contractors like this one also)

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Mine is just "Lawn Specialties, LLC". If they can't figure out what type business it is, they probably can't afford me anyway.

4. jknight8907

jknight8907 LawnSite Member

Mine is Custom GreenWorks LLC

5. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I wish I had thought about not using "Lawn Care" in my title 6 years ago. But I didn't even know at that time that I was going to make this a full time business. I like Grounds Maintenance, Property Management or Landscape Management. They all sound professional if they are somewhere in your name or your slogan.

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured folks would figure out what kind of business I'm in from my name, TomberLawn. I have thought about maybe underlining the Lawn part on the tailgate, so people notice it more than the first part, which is part of my last name. It does look kind of cool, like ChemLawn. I read an article in Turf magazine (I think) about naming businesses and it talked about "(Your Name Here) Lawn Service" vs. a broader name without the owner's name in it. I think the company that was featured in the article was Southern Exposure Lawn and Landscape.
    I actually came up with my name during a high school chemistry class. I asked a couple folks what they thought about it and I've gotten a lot of good comments lately, especially since lettering my truck. A lot of people who know me (women) will say it's cute that I have part of my name in my business name. I have wondered what to do about an expanding service menu in the future--maybe I'll just open a new division and call it TomberLandscape.

7. Gardens55

Gardens55 LawnSite Member

:) The word 'lawn' should give it away!

8. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

This is a big thing for me...My husband and I are looking to open a business this summer and we need a name. Im stumped!

9. mowzum

mowzum LawnSite Member

Landscape maintenance or landscape & maintenance depending on what all you plan to do with your name in front of the title that shows you don't just cut grass only

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

So what will be listed as your business name ??