Overall cleanup pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Nov 8, 2003.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Everyone talks about hourly charges...but....whats your average take per job? Realize this is apples to oranges for some just like mowing. We range anywhere from $100-600 depending, all residentials accounts. Our average is probably 175-250.....

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

averaging around $175 here. some $400, some $125. worked today solo. grossed $55 an hour.

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Anywhere from $50.00 for a postage stamp size with a few leaves (takes 20 min) to $400. My average is about $250 and right now the list has 30 and still growing.

4. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys? What about a lawn that takes 25 minutes to mow so I charge them $25. Now it is covered with a considerable amount of leaves and it takes me about 45 minutes with the vac system on my ZTR. Do you still charge them the $100 for the cleanup or charge them $45?

Lasher

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

You can not compare Fall clean-ups to regular lawn maintenance. I am positive that you can not use your machine to clean-out flower na d planting beds and trim any over growth. There is a lot more work involved with Fall clean-ups.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'm guessing, but I'd say my average leaf clean-up is about $150. Mine range from $100 to about $500, with a lot in the $200 range.

7. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Lasher to answer your question...

"You can shear a sheep many times, but only skin him once."

Anyone know who said that?

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Someone very smart......?????

9. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

seems like me daryl and bobby in same area with prices

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Our average job is around $350 - $400...with 4 or 5 of them being around $1000 or so too. The big ones take a minimum of 3 visits and can be as many as 5 visits as well.