1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Overbooked...Turn away customers? what to do about flyers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royallawncare, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

I know it is early in the season and i am happy with the success my company is having( 37 calls just yesterday) I am booked with aerating for another week and a half however the calls keep coming what should i do with them? I also have a new stack of flyers still to go out this week what should i do with them? I want my company to grow as fast as it can and for me to make as much money as possible however i'm not sure I am prepared for all this my company is just taking off and i'm not prepared to follow i geuss...Any tips on what i can do about this problem?
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know anyone else in the green industry in your area? Someone you like and trust? Maybe refer some of those customers to them.
  3. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Give up tv, eat while you ride, sleep 3 times a day for 2 hours at a time, give discounts for people who let you work at night....
  4. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

Thats awesome! :help:
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Not saying anything to come across wrong with your pricing .... but if they are calling left n right n your are swamped .... just raise your price

Think about it ..... why turn work away .... I now NOTHING about pricing of this work as we don't do it down here .... but say you are getting jobs left n right at $100 per visit .... raise to $125 n some of those go away

Just like when I wish to get rid of an account ... I never drop it .... I just raise the price ....

Just like employees ....no need to fire em so they go get state aid ... I just cut their hours
  6. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Raise your prices! If your that swamped you can get more than your charging. This maybe the best advice you ever got!
  7. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on the "RAISE YOUR PRICE" theme.

Less work for more Money....it's a WIN-WIN

8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like good advice to me, too.
  9. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you live I would like some work!! raise the price is the right answer then you won't mind doing the work and taking the exrta cash
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Wow Royal, thats encouraging news. We still have about 6" of snow on the ground here in NW Pa and no warm weather in the forecast at least for a couple of weeks. We just started sending out flyers and advertising. Good luck! :waving: