1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martinfan06, Jul 18, 2006.

1. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

How bout that Florida grass right about now, my lawn growing 6 inches in 7 days right now :dizzy:. Makes me wish I had my biz going right now time to make some great $$$$:cry:, Ill be there soon. How grass doing in other region's? BTW my lawn mostly green ,green bahia.
  2. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

gahhh lee that's amazing... The grass here in Tn is doing pretty well I got one that is burnt up real bad. I dunno what to do about it I've been mowing it on 4 inches now for many weeks and it still ain't greening up... All my other weekly jobs are growing pretty constantly... The lady can't put any water to the one that is burnt up because, we aren't supposed to use too much water because we ain't had rain in a long time.... soooo we'll see.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We're barely keeping up with all the rain we've had here in the Northeast this year. I have landscape guys helping each week with mowing just to keep our head above water (no pun intended). I'm not complaining after surviving last year's drought either.
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

no rain, little growth here :(
  5. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

about two weeks ago it rained REAL heavy for about 4 days straight. There was actually flooding along the NJ/PA border. Now it's sweltering hot hitting 105 yesterday. Every yard seems to be growing at it's own pace, making routes weird with inconsistent grass heights. I'm about 1.5 days behind with this freakin' poison ivy explosion.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Im mowing like crazy over here in largo. One weeks growth is anywhere from 4-10 inches right now. I hope we get more rain because with the daily showers I am bringin in the $$.
  7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

I can imagine with a good irrigated lawn and some fert. its in overdrive right now well keep sliging that grass!!!
  8. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now up here in Southeastern Michigan...We have rain coming every 7-10 days, but I still have a couple weekly's that moved to Bi-weeklys.
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I know the heat is catching up with a few of my lawns they're still growing fast but earlyer this season they were growing 5" everyweek not anymore. they're still growing though. should be a good season here.