Overgrown much?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Alpha Property, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

Who ever said you can't brush hog with a scag.... or a Brand new walker with 3hrs on it..... or for that matter that walkers don't like Hills?:weightlifter:

This property is off to the side of our down town, this is the back side of the buiding that backs onto a large warehouse, and i don't think its been done since the spring of last year!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah.just a few days ago, i seen a couple guys with a scag 36 and three guys trimming.

3. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Didn't run across any cinder blocks or anything in there huh? Looks good to me, hope you charged them well for that mess.

4. stang2244

stang2244 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks much better. I think you're just a little crazy using your brand new walker on it though. I would be afraid of scratching that beautiful beast!!

5. Alpha Property

No blocks, it was all quite clear, just a few plastic water bottels, but not even that much garbage

And I used the scag to knock most of it all down, and used the walker more to just clean up some of the mess so it doesn't look like a field when it all dry's

6. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

i bet that Walker didnt ride that hill too well, did it?

7. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

We did a similar cleanup recently and approached it in a similar way. We used a 52" mid-mount Gravely and a 48" Turf Tracer to knock it all down, then put a couple of Walkers on it to clean up all the grass. Looked great after we were done.

8. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Better sharpen those blades after this mess.

9. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

i bought new exmarks this year and the first job the crew had was to cut 2 sediment ponds. never had any problems

10. Alpha Property

is it just me or are walker blade's "softer" than normal blades? or is it because their so long compaired to a normal 48 with 3 blades?