Overlap on perma green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by broske, May 5, 2006.

1. broske

broske LawnSite Member

What are you guys with the perma green magnum use as an overlap on you spray pattern?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

some but not to much

3. broske

broske LawnSite Member

I realize that it is a high concentrate,but do you overlap a foot or less.I'm new with this machine so I don't want to over apply anything.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

its not easy and i would go light with the weed juice till u get the hang of it

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, you still have cooler temps, so you can mix it light. Use this time of year to practice, because when we get into the hot temps, there is just too much at stake. If you know your distances for the fert throw, your spray distance is about the same, because you are getting throw to the left AND throw to the right.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Try to get your spray / fert throw approximately the same. This way you can do both in one pass.

Your spray really shouldn't be more than 1-2", or else you're basically wasting product.

Once you've been on it 2-3 yards, you should really be getting the hang of it.

If not, drop your fertilizer first, then go back over the yard and spray. This however might be difficult as well, since you'll be laying down 2 sets of tire tracks to try to follow.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

On lawns that I do 2 passes (fert. then spray), I spiral counterclockwise to spread the fert. and then spiral the opposite direction to spray. Just pay attention when you get into the center areas.