Overload Shocks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, May 8, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Put some overload coil shocks on the rear of my van tonight. What a pain in the azz. But I bought a larger tractor and needed the extra support. So I decided to do it my dayum self. Why not I got all the tools. No time to stop and put things in the shop this time of year and all the shops are full anyway. I had to jack it up and then put weights on the tires to get the fittings to line up. I had 3 jacks for safety. Carquest is a good place to go for parts. I called them for the shocks and they ordered them and had em in at 8 am the next morning. Cant beat that. The shocks were much cheaper than the overload springs.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry I missed it. :D

Want to help me put an entire car back together? lol

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

65Hoss, man this job about killed me LOL. Especially when the new shocks were longer than the old. About crapped my pants trying to figure out how to get it lined up--uh oh time for a tow truck--only thought that for a second though. Do a whole car? I dont think so, but it would be a great learning experiece and nice to not be at the mercy of these garages and their attitude, Uhhhh cant get to it today how about we try to fit u in tommorrow" then you get there and it sits all day yada yada yada.
    Anyone start a job and say what the hail did I get myself into?