overpumped bp sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Jul 6, 2007.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

from lesco. can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to fix this? thanks.

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

what do you mean 'over pumped '?

3. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

i had to fix one once, good luck, its a pain in the ass, if you don't have the manual, your lesco can make a copy for you, it has a diagram that you can look at to rebuild it, ouchy

never had issues with my swissmex's though:)

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a new one. The diaphragm pumps are nearly impossible to rebuild. The piston pumps aren't too bad if you can find the rebuild kit.

6. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

what model is it piston or diaphram???? are they the solo type??
    both have the same relaese valve in them. inside the tank there is a black top with a pionter and numbers on it. you need to push down and turn it this allows over pressure to bleed back into the tank. if this adjustment gets clogged you can overpress. and cause damage.

7. mrkosar

from Ohio

it's a regular lesco one.

8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I recommend doing away with your current backpack sprayer. Buy a battery-powered Shurflo SRS-600. They spray up to 120 gallons on a single charge. You can find them on ebay for $175 - $180 including shipping. (no tax to pay either). The only prob with the SRS-600 is the gun......We have always had to upgrade the spray gun within 2 - 6 weeks after purchase, but after that....they last and last. Plus no more handle to pump. I consider these units to be the best in the industry. My guys love 'em! Now they actually do a thorough job of spot spraying.

9. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco private labels both a piston & a diaphragm Solo. Which one you have will determine whether it's worth rebuilding.

10. mrkosar

from Ohio

it is the 051660 series. piston pump lesco brand.