1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

overseas, missing the buisness

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jarred's Lawn Care, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Jarred's Lawn Care

Jarred's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hello to everyone, i'm currently deployed overseas as a national guard soilder, attached to the 233rd military police. I am in Germany, and can't wait to get back home to start mowin again. I would like to build my buisness when i get home. So i was wondering if i could get some sample flyers, contracts, and pictures of everyones setup. Thanks for any help.
    Spc. Jarred Calbow
  2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey Jarred,
    First off, thanks for helping protect our country! I realize Germany is not Iraq or Afganistan, but who knows, you could be in one of those country's by tomorrow. So thanks man!

I bet you miss mowing, and a few other things as well. Hopefully you'll get back here safe & sound real soon and get back on that mower and have at it.

This is a flyer (5x7, two per page) I did for the spring clean ups. This is my first year in the business so I just made up my own flyers, business cards, etc.

Take care over there.

flyer postcard spring1.jpg
  3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

here's the business card, did them on cardstock and also magnetic stock. Microsoft Publisher is the program I used.

business card rk.jpg
  4. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Spc. Jarred Calbow.

I just wanted to say thanks for a great job I am proud of all you military personal. I hope that when you get back that your business picks up. I don't have a scanner but I just wanted to say thank you from MA stay safe and be strong were are pulling for you and your comrades. We are always thinking of you guys and good luck
  5. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

Thanks for doing your duty. It may not be much but a bunch of us here in Georgia appreciate what you are doing.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

God Bless Ya!!!
  7. uspw

uspw LawnSite Member

Good evening all,

I was looking over some of the threads and found that we have a few people deployed in the military. I would like to add one to the list. My wife is currently deployed in Iraq attached to a Medical Support Unit. She is in the Army National Guard and has been for 20 years. She has been on active duty since Dec. 2003 and isin't scheduled to come home much before Jan. 2005. Kicker is that she could have retired this past Feb., but the Stop Lock went into effect last Sept. Even though I miss her dearly, I must say that I am very proud of what she and all the other soldiers are doing for our country! God Bless them and all of us!

8. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

Thanks and God Bless. Pass the word to your unit that all the people I know support you guys 100%. Don't believe all the negative stuff in the media. Thanks Again. Good Luck!!