overseeding price

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by touhey33, Apr 15, 2008.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Im trying to get an idea on what to charge for overseeding a 24,000 s.f. lawn, the lawn is 80% kbg, and 20%rye, it was just hydro seeded last fall and aerated, the holes are still there. They want to seed again so the lawn comes in fuller as there are bare spots. I don't usually overseed so I don't know where I should start with prices. Any suggestions or help would be appeciated.

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

At 24,000 sq ft I would be close to $900 for seed, starter fert, mowing @ 2" and verticutting.

Possibly more.

BTW, I overseed w/ tall fescue. Usually Titan blend.

3. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

anybody else all help would be appreciated

4. kappa915

kappa915 LawnSite Member

I generally charge $0.03-$0.04 per square foot for Aeration, Seeding, Starter Fertilizer. $720-$960 for this job.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

well since you got paid for the job last year and you might want to try to keep them as a customer figure out cost of overseeding and just add some profit for your time. bad of seed 100 machine rental 100 time 200 for the 3 hours it should take so say 400, if not the other prices are dead on. that price is doing them a favor let them know it should be aroung 800 but trying to make them happy you will doit at cost

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I usually just use a one-size fits all formula of 2 dollars per pound and 50 pounds per 1/4 acre (11k sq.feet).
    So that would be 100 pounds and $200, take 15-20 maybe 30 minutes max, it's very light so easy work,
    you can adjust the figures some but I get tired of complicating my own math.
    Oh, I do use fescue exclusively.

7. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

im confused , are you just overseeding?
    or are you aerating or slicing or what?

if its just overseed, i would figure on 2 50lb bags of
    seed and your time
    i would be about $300