overseeding pricing

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by bigcountry01, Aug 28, 2007.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

hey guys, my first year offering overseeding....how do u guys price it out? Also what do you do for big yards 3/4 acre-1 acre. I rented a power seeder last year for my lawn and it about killed me to push it that much and my lawn is only 1/4 acre. Thanks for any advice

2. bigcountry01

no ones gotta reply?
    common guys help me out here, thanks

3. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

We charge a mininum of $150.00 for up to 3,000 sq ft. Each additional 1k is $55.00. Extra charges are applied based on difficulty of lawn (slopes, obstacles etc). This year we are using a blend of tri-rye gold, thermal -blue and thermal - blue blaze and are applying at a rate of 4-5 lbs per k, depending on current lawn density.

4. bigcountry01

thanks group....anyone else got any good advice? i have 4 overseeding jobs for my reg customers i have to price out by the end of this week.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Different areas are going to get different amounts. here, we get 75/M, with a 1M minimum

6. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get $12 per m to just spread seed and $35 per m to seed slice. I also have a 5m minimum. These price are for 5 lbs of fescue per m

7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

.08 per sqft, 8lbs seed per k, $200 min charge, slice seeded aerated and mowed to 2", however not in that order.

8. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

i get .08 for repeat customers and .11 for new using a land pride field slit seeder and a ryan for small areas and edges. this includes an application of starter fert too.

9. PrecisionLandscapingEast

PrecisionLandscapingEast LawnSite Member

I charge your cost (seeder rental, seeed, etc.) plus what you want to make an hour.

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

group, you charge $150 for 3000sq ft?

I must be REALLY low in jersey, i get good seed in 50lb bags for $70-75 per.

One bag is enough for nearly two acres of land. I charge $150 for an acre with current customers, and 20% more for quotes only reqeusting overseeding.

Id love to get $400+ or something like that for spreading out $75 worth of seed. I have a pto 500lb capacity spreader on my tractor and a pull behind 150lb hopper seeder that i can tow behind a nother garden tractor.. I can spread seed fairly quickly, do aerations with the other machine and spread out lime stone etc.