1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

overseeding pricing

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by bigcountry01, Aug 28, 2007.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

hey guys, my first year offering overseeding....how do u guys price it out? Also what do you do for big yards 3/4 acre-1 acre. I rented a power seeder last year for my lawn and it about killed me to push it that much and my lawn is only 1/4 acre. Thanks for any advice

2. bigcountry01

no ones gotta reply?
    common guys help me out here, thanks

3. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

We charge a mininum of $150.00 for up to 3,000 sq ft. Each additional 1k is $55.00. Extra charges are applied based on difficulty of lawn (slopes, obstacles etc). This year we are using a blend of tri-rye gold, thermal -blue and thermal - blue blaze and are applying at a rate of 4-5 lbs per k, depending on current lawn density.

4. bigcountry01

thanks group....anyone else got any good advice? i have 4 overseeding jobs for my reg customers i have to price out by the end of this week.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Different areas are going to get different amounts. here, we get 75/M, with a 1M minimum

6. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get $12 per m to just spread seed and $35 per m to seed slice. I also have a 5m minimum. These price are for 5 lbs of fescue per m

7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

.08 per sqft, 8lbs seed per k, $200 min charge, slice seeded aerated and mowed to 2", however not in that order.

8. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

i get .08 for repeat customers and .11 for new using a land pride field slit seeder and a ryan for small areas and edges. this includes an application of starter fert too.

9. PrecisionLandscapingEast

PrecisionLandscapingEast LawnSite Member

I charge your cost (seeder rental, seeed, etc.) plus what you want to make an hour.

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

group, you charge $150 for 3000sq ft?

I must be REALLY low in jersey, i get good seed in 50lb bags for $70-75 per.

One bag is enough for nearly two acres of land. I charge $150 for an acre with current customers, and 20% more for quotes only reqeusting overseeding.

Id love to get $400+ or something like that for spreading out $75 worth of seed. I have a pto 500lb capacity spreader on my tractor and a pull behind 150lb hopper seeder that i can tow behind a nother garden tractor.. I can spread seed fairly quickly, do aerations with the other machine and spread out lime stone etc.