1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Overseeding with Black Beauty Ultra

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by precator, Jul 16, 2012.

1. maynardGkeynes

maynardGkeynes LawnSite Senior Member

Best of luck. Did you seed last Fall also?

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Does the OP have K31 now? If so, get rid of that junk NOW.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Pix of Black Beauty, or any other "NEW" variety in various areas around the country, with a brief description of the winter would be most informative all the way around... :)

4. wrooster

wrooster LawnSite Member
    from NJ

As one of the respondents to this thread I can tell you that my (mostly) BB lawn is just coming out of winter dormancy and all is well so far. :)

This past fall and winter were quite hard on things in general, given that Hurricane Sandy w/ 6" of rain was followed up by a Nor'Easter w/ 8" of snow just 7 days later. :hammerhead:

The 12 days without utility power sorta sucked, as did cutting up perfect good trees that were now horizontal -- but nothing hit the house so I can't really complain.

Spring this year is a bit later as seasonal temperatures have been low -- soil temps are just reaching 50'F now. Two weeks ago put down pre-em (Anderson's TEAM-based CG preventer, as CG is usually the biggest problem around these parts). Tonight I'll apply fert, Anderson's 24-0-11.

Wrooster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]