OVERSEEDING??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenkeepers, Jun 21, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey Guys-<p>Need some help here, had a client call me tonight and needs a quote tomarrow. How much do you think to slitseed approx. 14,000. I have to rent the slitseeder. I've never done this before so I don't know the time it takes or how hard of a job it is. All your help is appreciated, I'm going to go and search the archives now..<p>Thanks in advance!<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: GREENKEEPERS<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: GREENKEEPERS

2. Alan

Alan Member

I did a few jobs that way in years past. Don't have any records on how long it took me, but I remember going over it twice in crisscross pattern. Used a Ryan Mattaway seeder, got a goot stand of turf out of it. Seems like the time was about what it would have taken to mow it twice with a 21&quot; mower, maybe a bit longer. You'll have to play with the seed metering to get it right but figure seed cost as whatever the recommended application rate is. I used some other brand of overseeder another time and one thing I remember about both of them, they are mankillers to run for any length of time.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I charge $27.00 per 1000sf to slitseed Bermuda grass.

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

ZERO DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY-----<br>$45-$65/M<br>65 BEING HIGH<br>BEST TO LINE UP A FEW TO PAY FOR THE RENTAL. I FEEL YOU CANT PENALIZE THE CUST.ON PRICE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO RENT IT.<br>ANTHONYGRELLI <br>N.J.

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Thanks guys-<p>I'll let you know how it turns out. I was thinking around $.03 per square foot. I'll let you know how it turns out<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers