1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Overspraying junipers...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KenH, May 3, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I know this has been asked before, But the search function brings me to a file not found page.:mad:

Can roundup be mixed to control non-grassy weeds in a blue rug juniper bed?? at half rates??

I rid the bed of the grass (fusilade) and now have some false dandelions, etc. to work on. Its a PITA to hand weed. Thanks

Ken

2. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

I mixed 1/2 rate round up and sprayed some juniper in my own beds. I waited 2 weeks and followed it up with another 1/2 rate and the grass and weeds died out. I noticed a few spots where there was some light stress but ir came back within a few weeks. I think it stressed areas that had damage where my son walked thru the junipers to get golf balls out.

Im a little worried about this application to a clients bed. Try this at your own risk.:confused:

3. thfireman

Oh yea!! I forgot to say that I have found that momentum kills wild onions and garlic in the beds pretty good also. I have not had much luck doing this with round up and especially with 1/2 rate round up.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I wouldn't. Try Image instead.

5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Been using Image for a long time and works great. I would,t try the round-up on a customers bed.

6. thfireman

Hey, do you have good results using Image on the onions? That is one of the biggest problems I have with junipers. Seems that most things I try just stun them and then they spring right back. Momentum does good but it leaves the grass.:confused:

7. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Try lontrel, it works great.

8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Yall must have deeeeep pockets to be trying all of these chemicals...everytime I go to Lesco to get a jug of herbicide it seems to be $100+ I would hate to buy something try it and not like it!