Own, Rent, Live with Mom and Dad

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by rusty_keg_3, Jul 26, 2009.

?

Where do you live?

1. Own Your House

53.0%
  2. Rent

15.7%
  3. With The Parents

31.3%
  1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, i am only 17, so i live with my mom... But i want to see where everyone else lives...

I wanna some pros and cons on living with parents... Heres a few...

Pros-
    No rent or mortgage
    No utilities
    No grocery bills
    No home repairs, or improvements

Cons-
    Most girls dont like it...

Lets hear what you think...

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I'm only 21 so I still live at home. I'm a full time student for another year. Next spring, between homework and work, I will spend my hours looking for a house. Maybe I'll rent for a while, maybe I'll have an apartment, maybe I'll find a good deal and buy. Who knows, all I know is I absolutely hate living at home, but I will not complain because I could not ask for better parents.

3. rusty_keg_3

Yea, i understand that, now is the best time to buy tho... (my moms a Realtor, and my dad is retired Realtor...) But i want out too, but i cant, but ill live for a while, to save money...

4. golfnpreacher

golfnpreacher LawnSite Member

I truly own.... I've got the title... the only way to go.

5. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I'm 20, still living at home, working and goign to school full time. I'm skipping the apartment and renting, and buying a nice small house in a nice neighborhood.

6. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 21, living at home, renting a shop. I will probably buy a house this year to get my $8000 Obama tax credit. My parents are pretty good, I park my rig at the shop and everything else somewhere on their 50 acres, no big complaints and i've been able to save a ton of money in the last couple years for a pretty good down payment on a decent house. But I am ready to be out and all that fun stuff, I guess.... like a mortgage, insurance, property taxes etc etc, lol.

7. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 56 and I still live with my parents!:p. I'm kidding. Don't worry about the girls thing. Your 17, so most of your girls your gonna meet are gonna be living with their parents still. High School man.

8. NatesLawnCareLLC

NatesLawnCareLLC LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I've never really understood the concept of renting any place why would you just throw your money away in rent. Local apartment where I live run $550 for a studio to $700 for a 2 bedroom. I've been looking for a place of my own because I know that I would be able to get a home for a little more then $700/month. Plus if you play your cards right you can get a nice place for not much more then an apartment. However when you buy a home you are making a very big commitment and so if your thinking about staying in the area buy a home and make sure that you can use some of the space at your home for yours business so that you can take some of that off on your taxes :dancing: .

But for now living at home gives me flexibility because I am a full time student and I'm only home for about 4 months.

9. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Holy crap, a 2 bedroom for yall is the cost for a 1 bed room here. The 2 bedrooms cost roughly 850-900 bucks.

10. rusty_keg_3

Yea, i understand, but b4 my parents got divorced they had like 15 rental proporties... Now my mom has 3...

Yea, i know that, but i mean once your like 25 or so... I am pretty good with the ladies! :cool2:

Yea, thats the way to do it man, and that tax credit will be nice...

That sounds like a good plan, what are yyou going to school for? Im assuming Lawn Care/ Landscaping, but you never know...