1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Owner/ operator uniforms

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Im looking for names/ websites of companies who make personalized T-shirts and hats with company names and or logos.

I have tried Wearguard but they do not have the correct color combo's I need. Plus their set-up charges are high for the quantity of items a one man operation might purchase.

Any other names would be greatly appreciated.

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

get your hats and stuff from weargaurd and go to a local embroidery shop for your logo's look in the yellow pages
  3. Bob Shoaff

Bob Shoaff LawnSite Member

I have used NEBS before and they did a good job. I have also used local emroidery and screen printing companies. Nice thing about the local shop is you can actually talk with someone face to face.
  4. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Try local, I got nice Hanes t-shirts for $10/piece that were screen printed. Not bad if you ask me.
  5. Jimbo

Thanks guys...I'll check out NEBS, and local shops.

6. Green and Clean

Green and Clean LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Along with our lawn care, I do tee-shirt and uniform design. What are you looking for?
  7. Jimbo

Looking for green t-shirts with company name, and phone number possibly logo in Yellow thread. Id also like to get matching hats though.

8. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I would check with several local shops and see if there was any bartering to be done. Both could win.:D
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Green is HOT~!

Been there! Used to have JD green shirts with yellow letters. Switched to a light tan with hunter green letters.

Check with local shops. Look for shops that do local Little League/Soccer shirts and stuff. These days with computers and such, setups are much cheaper. You would normally need to order at least 12-24 shirts as a minimum though. Nice to have a lot! They don't wear out as quick!
  10. Jimbo

Thanks TLS,

I checked local today and already placed an order. It was much easier to see, and touch the product before buying (unlike online).

I bought 5 Tee's and 1 nice 3 season hooded jacket all for $105.00
    The set-up fee was $20.00 for the jacket and $20.00 for the shirts. The $20.00 included taking a photo of my logo and converting it to a useful image, which will be screen printed to the shirts. I only did print on one side but if I did the back it would have been $20.00 per side for one color printing (no matter how many lines or how big the logo).

Against your advice I went with Hunter Green shirts and Yellow lettering. I guess I will pay for it but I really like those colors.