Owners getting sued over landscaping?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, Apr 1, 2004.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

rules are rules, but let it be known I hate homeowners associations...... I lived in a town house development and the assoc. was full of old decrepit unhappy people.... The felt it was their job to make everyone elses life miserable....

They would yell at us if we planted plants that were not listed in the assoc guidelines(regardless our lot was the best looking). I had constant fight with them all the time.....

3. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why I don't live in one of these communities. If I paid for it its mine, I do what I want. Some of these associations have good rules, but the majority have some that are ridiculus and just cause problems all around JMO

4. amar

amar LawnSite Member

The association is the authority is the sub. If you have a problem with that dont move there. These people knew what they where getting into. If you cant fallow the rules/guidelines your going to have a problem. I work in several subs like this and in one a individual put up a fence for his dogs when approval was not granted. He was sued by the association and its still in court one year later and im told the legal fees have reached 10k for the association.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

This is where anal retenteve lawyers live. They want power so badly they will do anything to get it. Its so comical to watch them fight over stupidity, just to prove who is dumber, the person doing something they know they cant, or the person knowing someone is doing something they cant, and proving they cant. Yes, its as it sounds, pure unadultrated stupidity.