Owners of stihl powersweeps and similar products..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 7, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I know ive been asking alot about this but heres another question. For those who have those rubber sweeper things (see photo) like the stihl powersweep, how do you like them. For what purposes do you use it for? This would be a gear box attachment for my trimmer that i might get along with the edger attachment. The one i would get would be the one with out the shaft in the pics, just the sweeper and gear box for my stihl fs 85R. THANKS!!

Rubber broom for trimmer.gif

attach_KWsweep.gif

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I love my power broom:cool2: It brooms sand great and it gets rocks and other things of the grass great too.

John

3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

SPRING CLEANUP... I see landscapers using them more and more in parking lots etc peoples lawns near roads to get stones etc up from the winter.. they seem to work real good any I have seen in action.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Ditto what John said and there great when you need to clean up with out creating a dust storm and they work nice to remove 1-2" of snow quickly

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try Your Back pack Blower For This:cool2:

6. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

They are very versital for many things. They work great for getting up wet stuck down leaves as well.

7. mcwlandscaping

two more questions

1) would it work for getting mulch out of grass that got stuck there durring a mulch job? That can be a pain sometimes

2) how long does it last, with the rubber on pavement, and can you just replace the rubber part?

Thanks

8. olderthandirt

from here

#1 yes and it works very good at it
    #2 4 yrs and still like new

9. mcwlandscaping

Awsome, all i needed to hear!!lol, will be getting that along with the edger attachment for my stihl, thanks for the responses

10. olderthandirt

from here

Yep, should have said wet snow, the brooms faster than the blower