Owners of the New Toro 500 series, any bad/weak points?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

G'Day all,

just about to get my Toro 588E, have any of you heard or know about any weak, bad points about this model ?

We all see how good mowers are when new and on demo days, but knowing the "could be better" areas comes after you start running it in business in the hard conditions day in day out.

I'm not asking for brand comparisons, just wanting to know if there are things you don't like about this model range.

And lastly, the Recycler blade from Toro....(not atomic or gator) anyone used it?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hows It Hanging Mate!
    If Thats The one With the Turbo Force Deck Odinoo has One.
    John

3. Tonyr

Hangin' fine thanks ole mate! :)

Yeah I know 'bout Odin's rig, I know of several other recent purchases also, just hopin' to hear some negative feedback so I know what to look at.

We even have the diesel Exmark's here now John, we must be officially on the map, LOL!

Damn it's hot here mate....whew, did I mention it is as hot as?!

Certainly some nice sites down the esplanade which I must drive through daily, tough job ya know :)

Take care buddy, BTW, the ocean is running at high tides and is as Blue as, thought you'd like to know, ha, ha.

4. John Gamba

from ct

Its alot of hours to fly there;) But i'm working on it:cool:
    John

5. Tonyr

Hey John,

Just checked out the new Lazer XP diesel with a 60'' deck....
    one word....NICE!

Ordered my Toro 588E an hour ago, toro is giving me a new one to test, be here in a week.

Man it is hot here in "paradise!"

6. John Gamba

from ct

HaY! mate
    Tell me how you like the toro. I guess if it can make it there it can make it anywhere:D
    John

7. Tonyr

Yep, good point! :)

Keen on the Toro, but if I saw the NEW Exmark diesel first and could afford the extra 5K might be a different purchase, crikey that exmark is sharp, certainly got the features and looks I tell ya, not as good as those chics in bikinis down the esplanade earlier, yum!

Sent you a PM, hope that's OK?

Catcha soon on the flip side :)