Owners of Velke preferbly X2 need your help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrsmower, Jul 7, 2008.

1. jrsmower

jrsmower LawnSite Member

I'm about to purchase either a jungle jim sulky or a velke X2 sulky... My mower seems to be a little differently built then the other toro's since mines hydro and bran new. I've got a jungle jim with a busted weld and am wanting to get another. I've sold my old jungle jim to my buddy since he's just going to re-weld it and use it as a back up on his walkbehind..

But on the 15" arm model velkes, I'm wanting to know what the distance from the frame of the walkbehind (where plate bolts on to) to the front of the platform just in a straight line.

My jungle jim where I feel most comfortable it about 17 but I can live with 18" from frame to front of platform (where you stand)..

Any suggestions today would be very helpfull since I've got to order tomorrow so I can try to get my yards done in time for it to be shipped here..

I'm hoping the answer is around 18" at the most lol thanks and any picture you can post i'd appreciate it a lot..

-Josh

2. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

i have a new velkey 2 wheeled black used 1 time guys did not like it went to a pro slide i sell it for $125 plus shipping

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

go w/ the proslide xt. imo gives the best position on the mower controls, always directly behind, and places you 4" lower so it is less strain on your back. also eliminates wheel ruts from a wheeled sulky. the are more costly, but well worth the extra $$$. i know this isnt what you asked, but just wanted to give my $00.02.

4. jrsmower

jrsmower LawnSite Member

ya, some people may like the pro-slide but I don't think it's for me.. I do a lot of traveling on pavement or going to and from trailer to yard and I just don't see the pro slide fitting my needs.. Not knocking it down or anything just thinking i'll be better off with a 2 wheel sulky of some sort... Thanks Josh,

5. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the one wheeled Exmark Stand on.....that was $400. Do you really like your proslide? How much for one?

6. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I think that I have the 15" arm. It is 15" from pivot point to pivot point.

It is 20" from the mower frame to the front of the platform - maybe just slightly less depending on exactly how you measure. 17" is completely out of the question.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I just bought an 18"-armed X2 for my Toro T-Bar. I think it's just about right. You don't feel like you're too far away from the machine. And I think if I was closer, I'd have to do some leaning to avoid the handles on a 180 turn...