1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oxalis problem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by garyslawn, Mar 6, 2003.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

I live in NE Ohio I have a real nice lawn that I cannot beat the Oxalis. I use pre m, Momentum, and several other chemicals. It is not nearly as bad as when I got the lawn from Chemlawn but I still have spots show up. The PH is 6.5 Thanks for your help.
  2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using millennium ultra and it works great on oxalis. If the weather is cool you may want to switch to and ester formula. I use cool power from riversdale. Both do great on oxalis. Even though momentum is suppose to be a copy of millennium ultra, I have heard from several people that it does not work as good. Just make sure you are applying when the weed is actively growing.
  3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I use Super Trimec primarily on broadleaf weeds. Oxalis is knocked down well by ST but the oxalis comes back often. I would also like to hear what will keep it from reemerging.
  4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Remember that oxalis is a "summer annual". With this very cold winter, it may be knocked down pretty much via Mother Nature. WE have also had success in the past w/ momentum when we add a spreader sticker. Occasionally a second app 2 weeks later may be needed.