1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

P.I.T.F.A Customer!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doster's L & L, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I have this old lady customer that inquired about having her bushes trimmed. She was curious on what i would charge, so she wanted me to come over so she could tell me what she wanted. Last year, she did the same thing, except after telling me what all she wnated, she said she'll get back to me, but never did. So i waisted my time with her last year. Anyhow, at this time i was thinking that the same thing would happen again this year.

I got over there and she proceded to tell me HOW she wanted her bushes trimmed (perfectly rounded). I told her that what she wanted done wouldn't work, cause after i did that, she'd have sticks showing cause i'd end up cutting ALL of the leaves off. So i told her that i'd do the best i could do. OF COURSE, i got a call and she was GRIPING on my machine that the bushes were NOT perfectly rounded.

There is more to her than what i'm telling you, but this is the last straw. When i get a chance, i'm gonna round them bastards off like she's never seen. I'm gonna cut them bushes back so much, i'm gonna give her a reason to gripe at me!! I already told her what was gonna happen, but she just dont' listen!! :angry: I may make her sign something to take the blame off of me for killing her bushes. .......Crazy Woman

These are Dwf Yaupons BTW
  2. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

Why mess with her in the first place? You already knew what you were getting into. The true measure of a man is how well he handles those that treat him bad. Even Satan himself treats those well that serve him well. Lets try to be above that.:angel:
  3. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

yea she isnt worth the time if u knew she was going to be a pain.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

did she pay the bill? if yes, don't go back. if she didn't pay, go back, but bring a shovel
  5. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i only take jobs that the customer and i agree on.
  6. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd go and round them off for her. HAHAHA!
  7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

I love these old folk who require a job involving at least $1000 in materials yet think $250 should cover everything.

"I'm on a fixed income you know sonny"
  9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, if you knew it was gonna be a problem, why did you even do it?

i wouldnt go and make things worse though. just take your money and move on.
  10. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I did get the money before i started the bushes.

Really, what the deal is, i told her when i was there, that if i cut them like she wanted, she'd have sticks showing through. She said ok, so i did what i could without exposing the stems. The next day is when i got the call from her. SHE TOLD ME, that i need to GO BACK and trim the bushes like SHE wanted it done.

In times past, she'd B!*** and moan about some little somthing just so she could complain. So, me being like i am, i go over there and fix it. Now i'm really gonna fix the problem. :D I'm gonna get griped at again, but THIS TIME i'm gonna deserve it. :D :D
    I'll let you all know how it goes.