P.O Box or Home

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I've always had a P.O Box, but it's really getting to be A pain in the ass to keep having to go to the Post Office to colllect all of my stuff. I've been going back and forth with having everything come to my house. What do you guys think?

2. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Ive always been told to seperate ur self from the buisness because of
    libility issues but if something happens does it really matter where u get ur
    mail. I think its more important not to publish ur personal address in phone
    books, with the internet they will find u.

3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Our local mail delivery really sucks as far as getting the wrong mail, things getting lost, etc. Since getting a PO Box, I have had less issues with lost payments.

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I use a PO Box, when I first started out I used my home address and had a few customers hand deliver payments! I didn't really like that..

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

what i like to do is list a po box for billing, that way everthing gets sent to one place, venders and customers. keeps junk mail and personal stuff seporated.

6. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

P.O. box:D

7. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Ditto, PO box for me as well, it would be different if I had a rented building but being home based I don't want people showing up especially when I'm not there.

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We have used the same po box & telephone # for 34 years. Many of our clients know them so well they have them memorized, at last count, we still have around a dozen clients that signed on in the spring of 1973.

9. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Werent we still chiseling things in stone back then Scott?
    And we had horse Shi* for fert?

Just funnin buddy.

I use the P.O. Box too.
    Still an occasional customer will show up at the house to drop payments off.

My wife tries to have a sense of humor about it.
    But I'd rather they spent the .39 on the stamp.

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Yes bob, i really miss those round cyclone spreaders with the hard plastic wheels & the brass (20 lb) hand sprayers!