P.O. Box??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mike's All Season Service, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you use P.O. Boxes? And how much do they cost? What are the benefits? THANKS
  2. www.rs-lawn.com

www.rs-lawn.com LawnSite Member

i have a p.o. box. i like it bc of security. nobody needs to know where i live or i keep my equipment. also i dont want a PITA customer coming over and causing problems
  3. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

How much does it cost?
  4. Cheffy

Cheffy LawnSite Member

We have a P.O. box I thought it was like $70.00 for 6 months

We have 6 Duplex' s a four unit apartment and an older two flat that we own and rent .

So for the safety and security it is a must !

So we use it for the lawn accounts also
  5. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I just got my renewal the other day. I don't feel like walking upstairs to grab it, but I think it was $70 or $72 for the year. It was something like $40 for 6 months.

Most of my customers are minimum 1/2 hour from my shop, and some are an Hour away. The PO box makes it look like i'm a "local." I also like the ease of doing Postage Paid return postcards and such. BTW- That i know is $160 a year for the BRC (Business Reply Card) Permit.
  6. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

Mine is $24 for 6 months. Not a large box, just big enough to hold magazines and the "Your postbox is full" card. I agree with the issue about security, especially with checks being mailed to me. My house mailbox doesn't get half of the mail it should. I am constantly getting my neighbors mail and vice versa. And this is almost on a daily basis. I have complained numerous times, but to no avail.
  7. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I think having a P.O. Box helps seperate everything and can reduce some junk mail but not all
  8. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

I have a PO Box, I like it because my customers don't need to know where I live, I don't want them to come knocking asking me to do this or that. I run my business out of my house so it doesn't matter. Mine cost $26.oo yr. Just big enough to hold payments, bills, and magazines.
  9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

How does one do the paid return cards?
  10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

were actually looking into one right now dont want them sent home anymore