P. Services equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by P.Services, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

You are going to work all year for a 525?

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

No way, I'll finance it over 3 years.

3. Lawnworks

from usa

You are still going to work all year for it whether you finance it or not! 30k worth of work all year doesn't even justify buying a used one.

4. PlatinumLandCon

Oh yea, since they're disposable after one year and my business won't grow the next year:hammerhead:

5. Lawnworks

from usa

Whether you spread the payments over one year or three years... it is still a year's worth of work!

Sigh.... go ahead sink yourself in debt. Its all about the toys anyway right?

6. PlatinumLandCon

You're twisting it for no reason. If you bought a new truck for $60k, I could say "why are you working for X months just for a truck?". You would reply with "I'm paying for it over 5 years so I'm only taking a small bit of earnings each month"

I think over 3 years I'm going to earn about 120k so it really is only 1/4 of that. The amount of 120k thats earned DIRECTLY because of the Dingo will also make it worth while.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I think it takes money to make money and your not always going to make that back within the next day or next job. But on the same token - don't buy a machine cuz you think you can use it. That is like me buying a 85k mini execavtor when I rent one about 3 times a year. It would not justify the means.

I don't understand how you can project you'll make 120K just with the dingo?? Then how much ya making driving your truck to and from? How much do make with your trailer hauling to and from? and everything else you need to add to the job just to make the dingo work.

Either - way go buy the thing. I would look used but whatever.

8. Lawnworks

from usa

No I prefer to look at the big picture. I would never buy a new 60k truck that will depreciate like a rock. I would rather put that money in the bank or invest in something that will appreciate.

You don't think you would be better off buying used and then when you can't live w/o the dingo purchasing a new/slightly used one? I bought a 425 two years ago w/ 475 hours for 5k. And I buy used attachment for about a third of what they are new. I still can't come to the conclusion to replace my 425 w/ a new one for 20k even though I use it practically everyday. I guess I am addicted to that black ink.

To me it makes more sense to buy used and then sell it 2-3 years down the road for what I paid for it... or more. It just takes a little patience.

I couldn't really justify spending 20-25k on a newer skid steer that I only used a few times a month.... so I waited and saved. Ended up buying a Cat 248 w/ 2000 hours for $4500. Much easier to justify a paid for machine that doesn't get used 20-30 hours a week.

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

LAWNWORKS - I here ya. Although I did break down this winter and purchased a new BOBCAT S205 Skid. I did trade in an older skid - got 4 times for what I paid for it 5 years ago and traded in a WAM that was in need of repairs - got 3 times what I paid for that as well. I know the trade vs straight out deals but what was given to-boot, I am better off and in a new machine.

10. Lawnworks

from usa

I think it is a little different when you are putting 1000 hours a year on a machine. I buy all my mowers brand new, but on the dingo and skid I only put a few hundred hours a year.

BUT on only 30k of work per year... I don't see how he justifies it. More of a "want" than a "need."