PA Green Expo

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by phasthound, Jul 8, 2008.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

If anyone is interested, http://www.pagreenexpo.com/

Yeah, that's right I'll be speaking, er stumbling, about the importance of soil organic matter.

Don't expect a professional speaker. Although I did take the Dale Carnagie Course. http://www.dalecarnegie.com/
    Great for personal developement.

Please come if you are in the area.

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be there again this year, not sure if I'll stay everyday but I will be there on the last night for dinner.

3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I wish we would get stuff like that down this way...

Maybe I will put one together myself when I get the business running on its own.

Like that will ever happen.

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Yo Deep Green,

That's exactly what I did even before I got my business off the ground. Find a local watershed association and let them know you are interested in organizing a seminar on reducing pesticide & fertilizer usage in residential lawn care.

If you are serious & would like some guidance, contact me.
    But only if you are committed to following through.

5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll be there for sure, I'll be the guy in the back heckling Barry

6. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I might have to go just to see that:laugh:

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

serious as a heart attack, and committed like you wont believe. we even have organized a bi monthly cleanup of the beaches. can you steer us in that path???please!!!

8. DeepGreenLawn

Hey Barry, I am serious but I am not in the position to tackle that right now. Tree would be better, I just want to see something in the south. I will travel to FL if I have to. Once I get things under control here then we can talk.

Like tree I would first like to get some local projects in the community going first. Then work on the larger things. I am trying, with the help of tree, to take things slow and not bite off more than I can chew while my mind races with ideas such as that. Everything from pool parties to community gardens, to adopting roads to clean, to helping treat city landmarks, I get about 100 new ideas a day. My wife was getting on to me tonight saying all I think about is business stuff.

9. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

tell her that sustainability is a way of life not a 9-5 with a pension

the southern organic land care association....................... one day!!!!

10. DeepGreenLawn

I'm in,

She still sees it as a business. A business that is not paying me near what I should be making with the amount of work put into it. She doesn't quite get the whole starting a business thing either. The nice thing is I have the FD we live off of and am not completely dependant on the business. I just don't see how people do that. That would drive me nuts.