PA Pesticide Test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BobcatBoy06, Nov 27, 2007.

1. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how many of you have taken the PA pesticide test. Both the core and the turf grass sections. How was it and what should you be up for when taking these tests?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Matt and I both took these, I think it was 5 years ago. Study the core and know the basic information and you'll be ok. The Turf part is open book.
    Because Matt and I only had one book, we had to share it. If I remember correctly, both tests were 3 hours total. So Matt took his Turf part first, and I did the Core, then we switched. I actually thought the Turf part was harder, although it was open book, you still had to know where to search for the answers. I passed both tests, but the core was easier. At least I thought.
  3. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

A long time ago they used to have classes available, I don't know if they still do or not. I remember (1977) the classes were very helpful. I got recertified about 1996, scheduled the core, category 6 and category 7 all at the same time. I was pretty burned out by the time I finished.
  4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Its been too long for me to say what to study up for but I do know that they offer pesticide test prep classes. Contact your local Penn State Extention Office for info.
  5. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

the core is all about safety and the open book will be about knowing how to solve problems relative to the subject at hand. take the study tests at the end of each chapter.