Pace,Haulmark etc etc

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Guthrie&Co, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

I am looking at getting an enclosed sometime in the future. So far from what i can tell pace its a bit better than the haulmark trailer. am i on the right track? Can any of you guys give me some direction on which ones to consider and what to stay away from?

Also i see the fuel doors being a must have. that way i wont have to unload at the pump.

2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

Anyone? anyone?

3. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I just fill fuel cans and then fill the mowers later. Personally I could care less about fuel doors.

As far as the brands, there are a ton of no name brands out there, some good some bad. I wouldn't have a problem buying a no name brand as long as the construction of the trailer was on par with what I was looking for.

I would look at all makes and models and find out what construciton aspects of the trailer you find important (type of frame, thickness of steel, on center of the floors, walls, cielings, type of axles (torsion or leaf spring), 1 piece roof or multi piece, type of material on interior and thickness, length of tongue, brakes, ect...)

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I like Falcon trialers. :)

5. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Homesteader Hercules 3-4 years ago and couldn't be happier. After doing my homework on Wells Cargo, Pace, Cargo Mate, Haulmark,...I discovered that Homesteader was the only brand that didn't make the rear opening shorter when choosing the rear ramp option. In fact, they actually make it taller. I don't remember exactly, but I think it's about 6', where the others ended up aound 5'8". I'm only 5'10" so this works great for me. Might not be an issue if you're not waking in and out, but for my application, I didn't want to be stooping while carrying stuff in and out.

Also, I got a great deal on it, at least $700 to $1000 less than the competition. Granted the dealer admittedly screwed up the quote by about $400, but still the Homesteader would have been cheaper.

http://www.homesteadertrailer.com/