Pace Trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony S, Apr 25, 2000.

1. Tony S

Tony S LawnSite Member

Looking for opinions on Pace Inclosed Trailers.

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I LOOKED AT PACE ENCLOSED TRAILERS,THEY SEEMED TO BE BUILT PRETTY GOOD.THEY HAVE A LOT MORE OPTIONS SUCH AS SIDE DOORS,VENTS,ETC...THAN SOME OF THE OTHERS I'VE LOOKED AT.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

3. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

I use Haulmark enclosed trailers. Stoneguards, vent, dual dome lights, etc. Work great.

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

GRASSCAPEINC - - What size is your enclosed trailer? I'm trying to price one<p>6' or 8' by 16' or 20' With ramp<p>Any ideas or help is well welcomed!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

5. GRASSCHOPPERS

GRASSCHOPPERS LawnSite Member

i use a haulmark 8 x 18 enclosed i can fit a 72&quot; groundmaster one 52&quot; walkbehind,21 push and a 48&quot; zero turn in but its tight i mounted gear caddy on wheel well so it doesnt take up floor space and its storage for equipment summer and winter, works great just make sure you have a big enough truck to pull it dealer told me it was approx 3400 lbs empty cost in 97 was 4300.00 with tax

6. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, an enclosed trailer in Florida is required to have vents if it used for lawn care. I think because of the fuel. A friend of mine got an award from DOT.<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale

7. smoker

smoker Guest

home depot sells them in my area 8x12 with side door is $2500.

8. grasscapeinc

WE use all the same trailers. Haulmark 6*18<br>tandem. About $3500

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have a 7' by 24' (inside measurements) Haulmark heavy duty tandem trailer with side door. It cost around $5000 in 94.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

10. grasscapeinc

There are a variety of models out there. Haulmark and Wells Cargo probably the best.<br>You will want roof vents, and not all ramp doors will hold the weight of a commercial mower. Counterweights on the door are a must, and get a side door also. You WILL use it. Most axles on good enclosed trailers are Dexters tortions rated at 3500lbs. If that is enough, fine. If not get a tandem 7000. What are you pulling with? Brakes are required on all enclosed trailers carrying 3000 lbs or more total weight(including trailer).<br>Whick means, you will also need a brake controller for your trucks. Also a breakaway is required by law (About $80 installed). Don't go less than 6 foot wide. <br>Some drop gates also do not span the entire width of the trailer. Check into that. Extra room will be filled quickly, so do not be afraid to go big. Keep in mind you could get 3 open trailers for the price of one enclosed. Check out the websites of trailer manufacturers, and get back to me if any more questions. (Dont forget about tonque weight). If you plan to put your name on the trailer, keep it legal, because DOT will be watching.