1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pace WorkSport 6 x 12 Enclosed

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Exact Rototilling, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Just bought this 6 x 12 trailer yesterday and took advantage of no payment or % till 2009. Also was able to use a coupon so the price was just under $2970 with tax. Yes it's from Home Depot. I will wait a week before I license it or modify it in any way just in case I choose to return it. Not a good trailer for riding mowers due to the shorter door than normal. Trailer is also lower [less wind resistance] than most enclosed trailers which is good for my power challenged Toyotas. I decided against a 6 x 14 due to increased height and a slightly handier trailer length.

Anyhow plans are to use some sort of stain sealer on the plywood floor, 3/8 plywood kick plates, rear corner jack stands, custom front shelf and caddy, wall hangers, numerous floor folding D-rings or other floor anchor system. This trailer will work for the 2008/2009 season.

Build quality is ok but nothing a perfectionist would be proud of. Then again this is an entry level trailer.

2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice!! Nothing to be ashamed of. Entry level or not. Are you gonna have it lettered after you make sure it suits your needs? It will be like having your own bill board.

Good luck with it!!
  3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok looking trailer but you way over paid. My 7x16 V-Nose new was only $3,000.
  4. Exact Rototilling

I'm planning on lettering the trailer with large legible letters that can be seen from a distance easily. Thinking about putting the website domain on there as well. No other LCO in my area has it on their truck or trailer. Not sure about a Logo.

I like what a local painter in my area has on his truck. Thinking about doing something similar.

5. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

nice trailer. can you add brakes to it to help out the 4 runner?
  6. Exact Rototilling

That is steal. :cry:

This trailer is roughly $400 to $500 dollars more expensive than it should be. Hope fully Home Depot will put them on sale for $2199 and I can get my receipt adjusted.:laugh:

If some smoking deal comes along it will go back to HD. Since it was the last one in stock with cake walk finance I figured I'd reserve it. :)

Who else has a 90 day return policy on trailers. :rolleyes:
  7. Exact Rototilling

Trailer brakes - No.
    Not sure if one could add them. IMO I'm on the margin of safety - yet I drive with my head in the game. This is part of the reason I abandoned the 6 x 14 trailer idea - 2 more feet to add more payload weight, more sway, tad heavier empty, taller and more trailer sway in cross winds etc. Front brakes on the 4runner need to be reworked before spring. Thinking about putting the beefiest components I can find to help in that department. According to my calculations total trailer weight will be under 2200 at all times not counting grass clippings I may haul off. These will probably go in the back of the truck.

Hardly an ideal situation but do-able.
  8. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. i might of gone with the 14 foot one,for when you grow. but make sure with your no payment til 09 that you are not getting charged intterest.ck your statement they like to play games.looks like you need to do snow plowing to.
  9. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

why do you want corner jackstands, are you going to be loading heavy equipment in there?
  10. Exact Rototilling

No need for rear corner jack stand if it's hooked up to the truck however if for some reason I need to leave the trailer unhitched I can load up the back of the trailer without the nose tilting skyward.

And yes the HD credit card Banksters [CitiCorp] are counting on me NOT paying it off before the promotional period ends. 18% interest that piles on another $534.05 to the total damages plus some other nasty fees. I had the HD credit lady affirm numerous times, plus sign my credit approval statement say as much, that I will not pay any % if the balance is completely paid for inside of 12 months.